Thursday 10 July 2014




Looks like our reviewing colleague Iain, didn't think much of the latest Sniper Elite 3 game. Here's his thoughts.

Now my gaming friends, I have been waiting a long time for the follow up of Sniper Elite 3. I was hoping they would have worked on the depth of story line, character development, and historical accuracy as well as a bit more gore around the ballistics of the weapons and more varied weaponry to boot. So here it was, I finally have the game in my hands, kicked the wife out for the afternoon, donned my sand coloured camo and then sat and waited ten mins for those poxy PS3 data updates that always appear come along. Once that had done, the same music came up  filling me with hope and anticipation that I would once again be popping a cap in Nazi butt!

So where's it set? North Africa! What's new........NOTHING, absolutely nothing. It's as historically accurate as the Frank Millers 300.


The missions are so 'paint by numbers' is boarders on dull. It's glitchy. Oh my god it's glitchy! When you get the money shot graphics, the bullet get so confused you feel like giving it a compass to ensure it doesn't come back and shoot you. With bullet time like that Neo could have gone to Starbucks and back before he felt any danger of being hit.

The survival modes are the best by far so hard its frustrating but you look past it as you're on a one man crusade against ze nazis!

All in all if this was a school project (which some of it looks like it had been designed by a 16 year old in IT GCSE) I would mark it as need to do better.

 If there were only four missions that took longer to get to a point of snipering a general and escaping unseen with a lot of detail and great AI of the enemy I would be happy with that, then have DLC there after. I would think wow value for money but lifting out of Berlin and "dumping" it in Africa just isn't going to wash. This game has top charts due to loyalty. The next one best improve or that loyalty is going elsewhere.

Also I may add ATMOSPHERE - games of the future are looking to ensure the story and your character are convey something that you may relate to. This, was like an episode of Eldorado with bullet time on the 1970's wobbly sets of Doctor Who! I was waiting for some guy in a badly fitted costume to jump out and shout exterminate or maybe even 'halt' in a heavy German accent.

Get a grip rebellion!

2/5!!








PRODUCT INFORMATION
Sniper Elite 3
Formats: PC, PS3, PS4, X360, XO
Out: 27/6/2014
Publisher: Rebellion
Developer: In-house

No comments:

Post a Comment