Tuesday 17 October 2017



Project Cars  2 - It's more Va Va Voom than you know!

Can I just say that in my humble opinion and as not a natural driving game enthusiast, I actually really enjoyed this game. I am sceptical of a new title coming in a heavily saturated genre, where you have heavy hitters such as Gran Turismo, Forza and other games that seem to call themselves a simulator.
I don't for a minute think that Project Cars 2 is a polished article such as the aforementioned above "Simulators" it is however a hoot. I could lose a lot of hours in the career mode. It has so many paths and variations to complete it doesn't get boring at all.  The selection of cars is vast, even in the short time of having it I haven't even scratched the surface of this game. One thing I can say is that, it's not one for a family man game who has 80% occupied with work and children (20% sleep). It is a commitment to the hard core gamer. Like having a classic car, the career mode needs a lot of love and attention.

Speaking of the career mode. The Pit team element is great, it has simple mode which I love, where it asks multiple questions and then fixes the car, but for the Bernie Ecclestone's out there, you can deep dive in to detail and as I don't have an engineering degree, I dare not go there! The other great thing is unlike others where you tailor the car and nothing actually happens, with this one, when you change something such as the suspension or the handling it makes a difference. which then makes you invest more into the game. I think I spent more time in the pit than on the track, not leaving until I was happy with my amendments. 


Once on the track (of which there are so many it's incredible), the cold tyres and environment settings can drive you to despair but once you get your eye in and go for it, it is thrilling. The AI is great on the other cars such a mix of super good to aggressive, also some who are worse than you, all can be edited.

I have tried to dip my toe into all the areas, the Rally races are awesome as I do love a rally game growing up with Colin McCrae, but I feel the career mode is the best feature of this game, taking nothing away from the spontaneous racing you can do, for the pick up and play dads out there.
But what about the cars... 

So many to play with, all feel and act differently, the super cars such as the Aston Martin Vulcan are as bonkers to handle and drive on the game as I would believe they would be in real life.  I am currently driving a Ford Capri at the moment in my career so a long way to go before I upscale to the heavy weights but the wait will be worth it adding to my investment in the game further.


The graphics of the game and the cars are beautiful all the detail from the skins on the paint work to the tread on the tyres its wonderful. All the tracks are amazing also the level of detail on the ground to the surrounding scenery is lovely, a lot of time and love went into this game to try and make it stand out in a saturated market space.

Game play -
Once you get your eye in its a delight the breaking/handling and acceleration is 100% accurate and enjoyable.
The Frustration-
The only frustration is the time it takes to get to a comfort zone to enjoy the game. like I said this is an investment not a quick and dirty game play, saying that, now I am in a place where it just rocks I will  persevere to be the best.

Online -
Loads to do I am lead to believe but I am so happy with the non online at the moment I don't think I will be on there for a while. But that's for another review!

Over all loved it 4/5 is a solid score but I feel it may lose its way in the saturated market space. I am sure it has a solid fan base of which I am now one, but I have a feeling this will be the argument football fans have with Pro-EVO against FiFA but with cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment