Friday 18 March 2011

One For All -SmartControl with PS3 adaptor

So last week I received the One For All SmartControl with  PS3 Bluetooth adaptor - a remote control which claimed could control all my multi-media devices including the PS3! Well this I had to try for myself.

The first thing that grabbed my attention was the size of the box – One for All haven’t been exactly environmentally friendly – there’s loads of useless cardboard in the box – but hey what about the device itself!  A smart looking, average sized remote with a modern silver trim and an additional ‘black box’ – the magic PS3 IR bridge!

After finding 4 AAA batteries for the remote and 2 AA for the PS3 adaptor I took a brief look at the manual I was pleased to see the codes for my Philips TV, Sky + HD box  and PS3 were pre-set so I was ready to go.




It was as simple as A,B,C and that’s being honest.   To connect the TV and Sky box it was a quick couple of seconds and we were connected – the PS3 connection simply required me to go to the accessories setting on the PS3 menu and connect a Bluetooth remote.  It was that easy even my 6 year old could’ve made a connection.  Well done to the One for All team for truly making an ‘easy to use’ device.

So, how did it perform once connected? One word ‘Perfect’, in fact I will add a couple more words to that. It was quick, there was absolutely no lag between the button press and the command happening – this impressed me.

Anyone who watch’s blu-ray movies on their PS3 really needs this device. It makes pausing, rewinding and scene selection a breeze!  I even had a go at controlling BBC iPlayer on the PS3 using the remote and that worked too.

When using the controller simple yet effective bright blue lights ensure that you know which device you’re in control of – the TV, STB, MP3, DVD, Game etc. 

According to the official press release this remote can control up to six devices including your HDTV, DVB-T, iPod dock, Blu-ray, PS2, Xbox 360, Full HD LCD, home cinema systems and MP3
and of course your PS3.

The firmware is fully upgradeable via a dedicated microsite:
http://www.oneforall.com/smartps3adapter/ 

Meaning that you can keep up to date with all the updates released by Sony - ensuring that your remote is future-roof for your PS3 enjoyment.

As the PS3 adaptor is battery powered and wireless you don’t have to plug anything into one of the valuable USB slots on your system. Again according to the press release with regular use two AA batteries should last about 6-9 months, although you can plug the adaptor into the PS3 to conserve battery power via USB.
This bundle is currently available on Amazon for £42.40 and if you’re like me have loads of remotes then it’s money well spent.

You can buy it here:
Or find out more information here:

With Fathers day and my birthday coming up in June – I hope my wife reads this and adds it to my gift list!

7 comments:

  1. The management at work

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Postman I could send him away before he drops the bills through my letterbox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to be able to control my whole family! It would be so useful as getting them all in one place is like herding cats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pet duck (no, really I do) and he quacks like there's no tomorrow when I get a little time to myself to enjoy a well-deserved gaming sesh with an ice-cold beer. Anyway, for some unknown reason (was going to go to the vet about him but thought posing the question was a bit loony) he goes quack-a-doodle-doo when I play F1 2011. Even if I put him in the bathroom he quacks himself to sleep (which takes a while!). I don't have a kid, but I pray a kid cannot be this bad. Any kid. I pray someone, someday soon will invent a remote to duck tape my duck. Until then, I'll dream on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would use it to control my husband and daughter - I'd get them doing the cleaning and cooking so I could spend more time gaming

    ReplyDelete
  6. jacquie Brassington10 December 2011 at 10:43

    I would use it to control my 17 year old son...Hmmm no more yelling like an old harpie "GET UP" ohh the satisafaction of making him shoot out of bed on the the first try not to mention cleaning up the bio hazard of a bedroom *sigh* the stuff dreams are made of hehehe

    ReplyDelete