Friday 4 March 2011

Welcome and 1st Review - FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPION

Well, welcome to Gamesbooth! If you’ve found this blog then you, like me, must have an interest in console gaming.    Here’s a bit about me and my blog. I’m a married dad of two and I have a major passion for gaming.

I set this up as I wanted to share with you my personal thoughts on some of the games that are available on the market today and coming soon.  While most of the posts on this blog will be related to games for the PS3 I will also be reviewing Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii games.

Where necessary I will also enlist the thoughts and opinions of my son (aged 14), daughter (aged 6) and wife. All of which also share my passion for gaming.

Another theme you’ll notice that runs through my posts is ‘Battlefield  Bad Company’  - I LOVE IT!, so I’ll be sharing my thoughts and lots of news from the front line on here.

Anyway let’s kick this off with a short review of:


 I’m sure lots of you are boxing fans out there and those that are; I bet have played the demo. Well I’ve just completed the game, what can I say about it ‘It’s simple, it’s awesome’.  EA have pulled no punches with this one, it’s a real knockout game - sorry I couldn’t resist LOL.

I’m not one for boxing games, but this totally had my full attention – from the moment I pulled on those gloves and threw my first punch as Andre Bishop, I was hooked. (I missed my opponent with that one I might add!).   
After that I couldn’t put it down, the game play and graphics are very good and the player movement is easy to control, which helps a lot if your not one for heavy controls.  

The story basically tells the tale of boxer Andre being sent to prison after being set up by a dodgy promoter.  Inside he continues to train and fight, while on the outside his brother is making his own name in the ring.  On leaving prison, Andre has to earn his place back within the ropes, keep an eye on his ‘little’ brother and win a few fights along the way to the top.  The rest is for you to find out!

My only negative is that the game itself is very short (I completed it in a little over 3 and a half hours).  But when you consider the additional abilities and game formats you can play offline (such as build you own player and fight in tournaments until you become ‘Heavy weight champion of the World’ ) and online against other boxers, then game play time is endless!

So there it is gamers. If you’re looking for some series Rocky time this is it! EA’s Fight Night Champion is your game!  Available on all formats from today!

Lots of preview videos from EA Sports can be found here:


1 comment:

  1. If you are an avid boxing game fan such as myself like me you would have loved fight night round 3 for it's unparraled realism and fight night round 4 not so much so. Bad news boxing fans the latest installment of the fight night franchise in terms of gameplay is exactly the same as fight night round 4 and is by far the fastest fight night yet.

    ReplyDelete