Wednesday 15 February 2012

UFC Undisputed 3 - This is the ultimate arse kicking fighting game!

I started Games Booth off because I wanted to enable people to get another opinion on games, my wife was always telling me that I was an arm chair reviewer and that I should get it down on paper (well digital paper anyway).  If you've followed me from the beginning you will remember that I reviewed Fight Night Champion the boxing game and thoroughly enjoyed it despite not being one for fighting games.  Well now I have found another game that I really enjoyed - UFC Undisputed 3 - the latest mixed martial arts game from Yukes Media Creation.  I've never played any of these games previously as they just weren't my thing. My neighbour enjoyed the first one, was slightly disappointed by the second and came over to play this one with me and give me his thoughts (so thank you Steven Andreas) He's now champing at the bit to get his own copy of this one and he won't have to wait too long because it's out in shops today. 

Initially you have to create your fighter which can be a little slow as you just want to get into throwing some punches,  launching some kicks and causing damage to some other pretty boys face! Anyway once created I found that I was sitting for hours playing away - six hours later in fact I was reminded that I had a daughter to collect from school.  

Steven commented on the game play, that it's much better that the previous two games and runs much more smoothly - this is obviously down to the technology advances of game development and digital 'life like' reconstruction.  

The detail when in a fight is great, the bruises and damage you conflict to your opponent are shown in great detail, you can see the saliva on their mouth guards and even the glistening beads of sweat! The only thing that lets this game down during the fighting is the commentary - while it's very good it is also quite repetitive.

What I did enjoy about this game was the tasks which enables you to unlock different moves and become a more experienced fighter that and the all new PRIDE mode: this is a no holds barred fight mode, you can even stomp on your opponents face, knee him in the head and roundhouse him with flying soccer kicks. While this could cause some controversy with those that say violence is caused by computer games, I say if you're old enough to be playing games like this then you should be responsible enough to keep it to the consoles and not out on on the town. 

Alongside the tasks and PRIDE mode there are some other noticeable additions including:
A brand new submission feature - which enables you to really put it to your opponent by making him submit!
Custom entrances - enter the arena your way,  create your own lighting effects etc
New modes including title mode and fight mode

This game has already received some high profile praise from well known gaming reviewers and publications, now it's also got it from Games Booth.  Overall if you're already a fan of UFC then this game is definitely one for you, if you're not then go rent it from Blockbusters or borrow it from a mate and have a go anyway, you just might change your mind on fighting games!



No comments:

Post a Comment