Tuesday 7 January 2014


Lego Marvel Super Heroes Review
by guest blogger Iain Fisher.

I think Lego Marvel Heroes is going to be my choice for game of the year 2013. Bold statement I hear you cry from your mum's basement, well fellow gamer's it is with out a shadow of a doubt the most fun I have had since I went on an 18- 30's holiday with where I was the only guy.

It's nice that it is a very innocent game, Yeah you blow stuff up and The Wolverine does rip Lego men to bits but its Lego not real, no blood, no horror or murder in a realistic city where your an up and coming Crime lord. It's you as Lego Super Heroes saving the day. 

All the big hitters are here from Spiderman to Iron man, they have all their abilities and the game play is so much fun, the Lego theme used in the Batman games as well as the ever classic Indiana Jones Lego games is strong through out. The puzzles are taxing but no so frustrating you shout profanities at your six year old nephew who is trying to play co-op with you. (boy did he learn some new words, playing FIFA 13).

The free roaming is awesome driving a Lego car around Lego New York is great fun. Also you can save people on the street who are getting mugged for their Lego. What kind of a world do we live in people!!



The end of level bosses get better and better, the Sandman is the first you come across and he is a challenge at best. Once you work out the system it becomes pretty much painting by numbers. Yes yes, I know I am thirty three and the game is aimed at kids. So to those people I say this, have you been in a house with kids and spotted Lego? What's the first thing you do? Oh yeah that's right you play with it? So don't read this and judge me for spending X amount on a game with more unlock-able content than there is fiction in the bible.

The levels are not massive, but are attention grabbing, the dialogue between characters is funny and light I would even go as far as mockery toward Marvel. I don't honestly think they know how much. Knowing them they signed a massive cheque to Tt and said you do what you want!

You have to play each level over and over which is the usual with Lego games, you have to buy or unlock enough character to play the complete level and gain all the hidden bricks etc. The amount of marvel heroes and villains to unlock is amazing, The voices are great, the little touches are brilliant spot Hulk with a vacuum after one of the missions, and you will be hooked looking for the others.

The gripes- now I would say this game is flawless, but, there are glitches:- the skipping between heroes can be frustrating as if one is dying when you do it he or she will keep doing it over and over, as it doesn't have the A.I to movie the idiot out of danger.  
Also, some of the puzzles are unclear and you lose focus which becomes frustrating  - there is not many prompts to help when this happens. 

I will be looking forward to the Lego Hobbit which I hope is better than the actual film, and I'm just throwing this out there to the games designer and their untapped wisdom and brilliance. What about LEGO Dr. Who? Just saying. It would be good fun and an untapped resource.

So all in all fun for all the family. Which enables me to 
stand by my Game of the year claim. I think the big kid in me sleeps easily knowing a sweet and innocent game has given me more joy than running over a prostitute in a stolen car. (GTA V not real life).

5 Stars for this, buy it in the sales  as it's great value for money.




PRODUCT INFORMATION
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Formats: PSV, 3DS, DS, PC, PS3, WiiU, X360
Out: Autumn 2013 (PSV)
 15/11/2013 (3DS DS PC PS3 WiiU X360)
Publisher: Warner Bros.
Developer: TT Games

No comments:

Post a Comment