Monday 19 November 2012


Firstly I would like to point out that this review is for the Multiplayer only, as I have not yet played the Single player campaign. My first thought in getting this game was bet it the same old game just different maps - boy was I wrong, after the first obligatory hour it became quite clear this was no ordinary Treyarch release, they have built this version of Black Ops from the ground up, and that's coming from a very big fan of Battlefield as those who 
know me will tell you. This game has actually blown me away with its graphics, speed, and gameplay I'm hooked. It’s 10 point customisation for weapons and classes and the ability to swap another players load out with yours makes you feel and play better. The theatre mode has been made simpler to which all games are stored on the server and you have the option to let it create your movie based on your best parts for you saving you time creating your masterpiece to share with your friends. 

There's an added fun elelement of being able to live stream your clan matches on YouTube so that your friends can see how bad or awesome you are playing, I haven't yet tried that out but I'm sure its going to be fun. 
Now back to the game play, its fast paced through each of the game modes and there are quite a few to start of with, the funniest one I played was Sticks and Stones where you have a crossbow with exploding sticky arrows and your ballistic knife. It was like fireworks night all over again as myself and my friends were happily sticking arrows to each other and waiting for them to blow up. I know childish, but fun!
In hardcore mode there are four of them in total, which I have tried - all with great pleasure, BTW they are without the 'noobtube' thankfully.The normal mode has a lot of maps, too many to put in here, they are very well designed with lots of detail and a lot of fun to play. The perks are fantastic, you unlock these with credits through playing the various game modes and in the customisation menu you have three wild cards to which you can tailor your load out to your satisfaction,  giving up one of your items will let you  have a secondary perk which can be changed as you like in between matches. 


All in all I will give this game a 10/10. From my experience of playing in just a few days. first impressions last and this surely will. EA you need to pick up the next Battlefield in order to compete - theseguys really stepped up the pace.

If you're thinking of getting this game, then do. If you are lucky to already have it, I shall see you on there maybe!  



PRODUCT INFORMATION
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Formats: PC, PS3, X360
Out: Now!
Publisher: Activision

      

No comments:

Post a Comment